Friday, June 19, 2009

As we draw closer to "Fathers Day", my thoughts go back to my childhood and all the memories of my Father and I. A time when things were simpler, more activity based on tradition, which included God and Country, apple pie, Chevy and the early days of radio and television. News was simply news not commentary with a slant to views of anti American, family and God. When the nation had a need Presidents would call the nation to prayer. Churches filled with people who asked God to help our country.
As I became a father, and I consider those days when my children were young and at home, things had began to change but still there was a feeling of pride in country and the American way of doing things.
Now, however as a grandfather, I am truly concerned at what I see in our country. A President, who I pray for, but tells the world that we were wrong, a nation that is a friend of the Muslim but certainly not a Christian Nation. A national indebtedness that even my grandchildren will not be able to pay off. No matter where I go, I hear despair and disgruntled statements as to the direction of our country. What will it take to wake our country up? PRAYER AND PRO-ACTION! We can no longer hide our heads in the sand and do nothing, do it, do it now, and do it legally, but DO IT NOW!

1 comment: